The event will discuss the role that cities can play in global multilateral diplomacy and will draw lessons, including from the UNECE 2020 Forum of Mayors and similar experiences.
The talk will provide an opportunity to:
- Explore cooperation between UN agencies, States, cities and other stakeholders
- Develop joint thinking on how to achieve more enhanced engagement of cities in global multilateral diplomacy
- Explore how cities could interact more with global governance institutions
Stimulated by the book “City Diplomacy” (Palgrave Macmillan), of Dr. Lorenzo Kihlgren Grandi. With the support and participation of: the Permanent Mission of France to the UN in Geneva and the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP)
- Amb. Thomas Greminger, Director, GCSP
- Dr. Lorenzo Kihlgren Grandi, Lecturer at Sciences Po Paris and Columbia University (author of “City Diplomacy”)
- Ms. Marie-Pierre Meganck, Counselor Permanent Mission of France to the United Nations in Geneva
- Mr. Svante L. Myrick, Mayor of Ithaca, New York, USA
- Dr. Cecilia Cannon, Director, Executive Master in International Negotiation & Policy Making, Executive Education, Graduate Institute, Geneva
Some of the panelists will be available for informal talk after the event.
- Kamelia Kemileva, Executive Manager,Geneva Cities Hub
The online event can be attended through ZOOM, with simultaneous interpretation in French and English.
Video of the event