On 22 June 2021, the Global Commission on Drug Policy organizes the online event “Drug Policies and Cities Governments”.
The issue of drugs requires a coordinated and holistic response. But who are the main actors to discuss the health, security and social challenges posed by these drug-related issues? What are the potential solutions?
The international event will gather Mayors from different cities from all regions of the world, as well as experts, to discuss drug policy at the municipal level.
- Ms Kamelia Kemileva, Executive Manager, Geneva Cities Hub
- Mr Sami Kanaan, President, Geneva Cities Hub, and Representative, Council of Geneva, Switzerland
- Mr Pavel Bém, Member of the Global Commission, and Former Mayor, Prague, Czech Republic
- Ms Ruth Dreifuss, Member of the Global Commission, and Former President of Switzerland
- Ms Corine Mauch, Mayor of Zürich, Swizerland
- Mr Kostas Bakoyannis, Mayor, Athens, Grece
- Mr Svante Myrick, Mayor, Ithaca, USA
- Ms Maimunah Mohd Sharif, Executive Director, UN-HABITAT
- Mr Delroy Williams, Mayor, Kingston, Jamaica
- Mr Peter Feldmann, Mayor, Frankfurt, Germany
- Ms Josefina Belmonte, Mayor, Quezon City, Philippines
- Mr Tom Synan, Chief of Police, Newtown, USA
- Jose M. Zuniga, IAPAC President, Fast-Track Cities
The event can be followed live here.