Eurocities is an association that provides a political platform for major European cities. We network the local governments of more than 200 major European cities in 38 countries, representing 130 million people.
Through joint work, knowledge-sharing and coordinated Europe-wide activity, we work to ensure that cities and their people are heard in Europe. We strive for a Europe in which cities are genuine partners with the EU to create a better future.
“In recent decades, cities’ ability and desire to cooperate with their neighbours, and internationally, have sparked an ability to act as changemakers. It’s clear that city leadership can deliver results that matter to people.”
ANNA LISA BONI, FORMER SECRETARY GENERAL OF EUROCITIES
• People participate in an inclusive society.
• People progress in a prosperous local economy.
• People move and live in a healthy environment.
• People create vibrant and open public spaces.
• City governments address global challenges.
• City governments are fit for the future.
Eurocities is actively involved in a variety of projects across the social, economic, environmental and governance dimensions of sustainable urban development. A full list of projects can be accessed here.
“As European cities, we are working together to ensure a good quality of life for all.”
Secretary General: André Sobczak