City leaders work on developing intelligent transport systems, water management, business continuity and community resilience. Their aim is to build safe, sustainable, and adaptive cities, that can best face challenges. They use recommendations, studies, good practices, and international standards to frame the best public policies for their citizens.
International Standardization Organizations, like ISO, IEC and ITU, have developed a number of standards in crucial areas such as emergency management, digitalization, water efficiency management and carbon emission reduction. Their goal is to support policymakers and ameliorate the quality of life of their citizens.
Learn more about how to use International Standards for smart, sustainable and resilient cities!
The event will enable a dialogue between local authorities and experts from ISO, IEC and ITU to mutually learn about the way standards can be developed and applied to the following issues:
- Water management
- Lower carbon emission
Snacks will be served at 12:30
- Marcel Knecht, Chief, Core Business Officer, SNV
- Isabelle Vendeuvre, Chair, TC 224
- Dalia Yarom, Chair ISO/TC 282 Water Reuse and Director, Standardization Division, The Standards Institution of Israel
- Bernard Gindroz, Chair, ISO/TC 268 Sustainable cities and communities
- Michael Mulquin, Chair, IEC SyC Smart Cities
- Shanfeng Dong, ISO/TC 268 Convenor of TG1 Awareness-raising, communication and promotion and PL
- Dominique Würges, Chair, ITU-T SG5 “Environment, EMF and Circular Economy