The Seoul Smart City Prize is a new initiative launched by WeGO and its President City, Seoul. It was designed to promote an innovative and inclusive smart city model that focuses on the quality of life of vulnerable communities.
The Seoul Prize aims to:
- narrow the digital development gap between cities (be it in terms of infrastructure, monitoring, data collection, public services, etc)
- identify those that strive to implement an innovative and inclusive model of smart city in their respective capabilities, given different circumstances.
The application is open until 31 May 2023.
Cities, companies, organizations, and individuals that have developed or contributed to innovative and people-centered smart cities are encouraged to apply.
Winners of the Prize will be invited:
- to the Seoul Smart City Prize Ceremony at the World Cities Summit Mayors Forum which will be held in Seoul on 24-26 September 2023.
- to participate in a tailored capacity building training program in Seoul to experience peer to peer knowledge exchange and share know-hows in advancing human centered city development.
- to collaborate with the Seoul Metropolitan Government on a smart city project on various models (including, but not limited to, feasibility study and a pilot implementation, triangular cooperation, and collaborative demonstration which will be customized to the selected cities’ smart city development stages and policy needs).
Geneva Cities Hub looks forward to discovering the innovative ideas and projects that will be submitted this year!