Geneva Cities Hub is proud to be the main organizing partner of the Mayors’ High-level events of the WSIS Forum.
The WSIS Forum represents the world’s largest annual gathering of digitalization for development and is a global multistakeholder platform for advancing sustainable development. It provides an opportunity for information exchange, knowledge creation and sharing of best practices, while identifying emerging trends and fostering partnerships.
Following the appreciation of WSIS Stakeholders for the first Mayors’ High-Level Dialogue in 2022, the Mayors’ engagement at the WSIS Forum 2023 will be an opportunity to discuss how Smart Cities are the drivers of innovative sustainable development and enablers to respond to challenges related to climate change and achievement of the SDGs.
Geneva Cities Hub follows a multistakeholder approach – as envisioned in “Our Common Agenda” by Secretary General Antonio Guterres – at the Mayors’ High-level events at the WSIS Forum 2023 to make sure Local and Regional Governments have a meaningful interaction at this multilateral forum. The events provide a unique opportunity to exchange views about best practices, new technologies and innovations to advance smart development and to discuss local and national experiences and best practices to identify and scale up relevant technologies and innovative solutions.
GCH continues to provide its indispensable contribution to the Mayors’ events at WSIS and strengthens an inclusive multilateralism in Geneva-based organizations in general and in ITU in particular.
At 10.00AM you can listen to concrete projects and policy examples at the Mayors’ presentations on scalable best practices and challenges of digital solutions for climate change adaptation and energy transition. This session gives the opportunity to hear directly from mayors about local achievements and offer the audience scalable, replicable examples.
Mayors High-Level Presentations
At 14.00PM the Mayors’ Interactive High-Level Dialogue with other stakeholders (States and International Organizations) on building resilient cities for better climate change adaptation and achieving the SDGs will be the very platform to discuss this important issue in a multistakeholder framework and explore synergies between the different levels of governance.
- H.E. Mr. Febrian Ruddyard, Permanent Representative, Indonesia
- Raphaelle Veronica Ortega-David, Governor of La Union, Philippines
- Marianne Alto, Mayor of Victoria, Canada
- Susan Aitken, Leader of the Council, Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Sami Kanaan, Vice Mayor of Geneva, Switzerland
- Oh Se-hoon, Mayor of Seoul Metropolitan Government, South Korea
- Eng. Nadhmi AlNasr, CEO, NEOM, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Oleksandr Syenkevych, Mayor of Mykolaiev, Ukraine
- Rodolphe Barbaroux, Advisor to the Mayor of Evian, France
- H. Maidi, Mayor of Madiun (Indonesia)
- Jung Sook Park, Secretary General of WeGO
Please click here to register.